Saturday, January 13, 2018

She Blooms in Ink : limited palette

Just completed the lesson for Week 4 of Tam's She Blooms in Ink online class - creating a portrait in a limited colour palette and working in a bit looser inkier way with higher contrast shading. There's a LOT in this lesson and I LOVED this style. As always, began with pencil sketch
And then I started to loosely add inks
Love her already, and she suddenly comes to life with a bit of pen work
I kept the background flowers much simpler this time and am enjoying the white space
and the star on her cheek references my word SHINE without being so explicit this time
I may have to repeat this lesson at some stage - really like how she turned out
This class has been live between Dec 1st 2017 - 12th January 2018 and now reverts to self study. Life long access. Lovely FB group at present. You can register HERE. See all my posts about this class HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...