Thursday, November 23, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 47

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 47 : add a map of your town or country And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : 
Prompt: A doodle week in colour incorporating a tip in and tag.
Technique: Use any pens of your choice
Straight away I loved the idea of adding a map, so I began with that before thinking of what next....I have a really cool old book of NZ maps and I'm feeling the need to create a face this week so purposely positioned the Palmerston North (my home town), and on the opposite page chose a map that had pretty colours - part of that page had a chart that was very cool in its patterning, so that went on as well
I added a layer of clear gesso so that I could start my face with coloured pencils and then move to pens. I did my face very quickly using polychromos colouring pencils and a blending stump. 
LOVE her and decided I'm not touching her again....Now to consider how to tackle my other page and thought I'd treat it completely separately and go with pen fun. Started by laying down colour with lovely Tombows blended with water. 
Then time to doodle - I mostly used my moonlight pens for this since they are so bright and gorgeous. I'm dreaming of Summer SHINE ♥ 
Doodles inspired by what's on the paper collage and my own loopy lettering
So ended up with 2 separate pages to meet the challenges this week.
Happy with life and my creative energy....only 5 weeks of challenges for this year to go! You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pages- and I love the face you drew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy - was fun to use the maps in different ways. I can't wait to do more faces in my summer hols 😊
    Happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...