Monday, September 4, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 35

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 35 : Draw, sketch, paint, doodle a face 
And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : 
Prompt: To incorporate 'Tea bag Art' into your journal in some way.
Technique: Experiment and use a variety of art supplies to create your art.
Very excited by both of these prompts - although I haven't done it much myself, I admire Tea Bag artists - Ruby Silvious and Judy Coates Perez are firm favourites. 
Last week was looking forward to September 1st (Friday) and the official first day of Spring.
First I soaked a tea bag of a lovely pink hue, and used it to add background colour to my pages
Once used, I dried it and pulled it apart to make quite a sizable square : doodle a face - this is my Tea Bag Art
She's wishing for all the good things of Spring....then I tried to use a variety of art supplies on the rest of the spread. I tried to think of as many different supplies as I could fit!
These are cute tea bag labels that I've saved over time - I used a couple on the final spread. I also soaked another teabag cos I wanted to try a stitching experiment. I used my machine and fancy stitch - on one layer it tore a bit - but looks grungy and cool (right) - doubling it worked just fine (below)
Above - collage (coffee card) and below washi tape
Above - watersoluble media for some simple daffodils and below - staples for a different way of attaching
Time to add words - stamping and found words (large print book)
Paper serviette
and, finally, acrylic paint touches
Here's the completed spread with all the challenges ticked off this this time :-)
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.
Have a fabulous week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...