Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 28

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 28 : Add an Instagram or other tiny photo to your page. 
And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : Theme: The road less traveled-traveling through life
Quote: "Wherever you go, go with all your love" Confucius
Prompt: light and dark - creating dimension
Technique: using color in different ways, getting loose - acrylic paint
This was last week - first week of our winter school holidays. Decided to choose a photo first - I ♥ the beach and on Sunday of this journaling week we were there (we travel 1/2 hour to get to this beach from home). This is the other photo I could have chosen. This is where I "go with all your love"
I already had the very blue background of acrylic paint in my journal. I had thought cleaning off stencils in my journal was a good way to not face a blank page, but I have found it to be more of an extra challenge than helpful when I am trying to work with these prompts. I already have my dark, so wanting to create light. First I used some lemon on one of my hand-carved stamps for the sunshine on the day. 
I love stencils, so logical for me to add more layers in that way. Light to me always means adding layers of white and gold. 
I then added a glaze layer of Turquoise (Phthalo) - adds depth and creates dimension the more layers you do. And then I decided to add some more white through a tiny stencil and some vibrant green foliage. 
All my layers up to this point were using acrylic paint and I kept it loose by not filling in the space with the same stencil pattern. Then I outlined the foliage with my lovely gold metallic sakura pen - adding light and SHINE (my word for 2017) and added the XO to my photo and some sketchy outline to my small photo.
I love adding found words, and this definition from a large print dictionary fits my page perfectly, and adds a nice light contrast to the background. Click on any photo to see it larger.
I've gone down a different road than the page demonstrated for this prompt, but I am happy with the effect. I will use white or gold pen for my daily journaling on the darker facing page.
As I went to post at this point I realised I could do a small photo this week for each day and need very little words. So that's what I did this morning :-) I really like the feel of the page now the extra touches of black pen have been added
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...