Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sun and the beach and some daily journaling

This post is a little about the second page of the daily journaling spread I shared HERE, and a lot about another great holiday destination in the North Island of New Zealand if you ever visit. First the daily journaling - if your background is a mix of dark and light, feel free to use 2 kinds of pens for your journaling :-) Good to find a spot for that "waste" paper that I'd punched flowers out of last year
I'm loving using my daily journal pages as a place to put things I just don't want to throw away - the pansy was the front of a card made by a lovely friend for my birthday last year. I came across it again while cleaning out a shelf, and now it has found its place.
The above photo shows the other listTEN books I also shared last time, and then it's all about the beginning of our road trip.
Since my last post, we've had a lovely few days up in New Plymouth staying at gorgeous Oakura beach in a cabin -  sun and surf and family happiness...holding onto the memory because it was back to work for me today for a couple of teacher-only days, and we are all back to school and normality next week. Hope you enjoy the photos.
View from our cabin :
The water was gorgeous - spent lots of time out in the waves :-)
Festival of lights : Pukekura park
Fun cruise out to Sugar Loaf islands with Chaddy's Charters :

Bush walking - Te Koru Pa historic reserve 
Lovely gardens at Tupare
We always have a good time in New Plymouth - no doubt you'll see a bit more of this on my next daily journaling pages....
You can see my Flickr album with all my daily journaling spreads HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing holiday photos, Lynette! Your younger son's got a cheeky grin and I think he looks a bit like you! You're so disciplined with your journalling, keeping record of what's going on. It will be lovely for you to look back on these pages in years to come. Great tip with the black and white pens using them interchangeably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa - I am glad I am keeping the journaling going. Although I am not that inspired by it at present (just feels like sticking in photos and writing mostly), when I get some distance of time and look back I love to see the colours and the memories. And I know if I keep going things will emerge over time that are my style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos and the journalling are the most important things as far as memories go - art is just icing on the cake! Have a great weekend! (I've just realized I can reply through the link in the email instead of emailing back!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...