Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 40 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. We are into October and a new theme for the month which I am very excited about :
I was very happy to see the challenge for this week
because I knew I it was a kick start to get out my gelli plate and print a bunch of new papers. In New Zealand, it's not easy to source deli paper, so I just use this product from the supermarket : 
I tore 7 pieces about A4 size with the intention of printing with similar colours to somewhat co-ordinate together - thinking I would layer them on my journal spread for this week. After only a bit more than half an hour, this is what I got : 
Click on any photo to see it larger
In more detail, I did have a couple of extra pieces in there that were a piece of printed newsprint that came with some new shoes, and a piece of under paper that I started by cleaning off upon.
These next 2 are my least co-ordinated with the others - the left because it has the least layers, and the right because I just loved that flower print and didn't want to touch it with a final layer as I did below with the others
These others came together really well once I added to all of them a layer of my lovely favourite turquoise iridescent - last seen here.
Some are through a stencil and some are ghost prints, but there is something to love about each of these and I am happy to have done them even if they don't end up in this week's spread. The journal prompt "You had me at hello" made me want to draw a face, and I wanted to keep with the deli paper challenge so started on my least layered paper.
This is my initial pencil sketching - I'm hoping the butterfly and couple of flowers above her eyes from the stencil print will be able to be used to frame her face as I go. Didn't make progress shots - here's how she turned out :
Then I tried papers for the background arrangement
All glued down
but it didn't feel quite done to me
and then I didn't feel like I needed to add any words
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Those prints are just wonderful! Love what you did with them! I need to get back to gelli printing too - I haven't touched my plate for many months now. I'm trying to use up the prints I already have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...