Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Bringing history alive artfully

I'm excited that I've been asked to teach an art class at our public library's Local History Week! (brochures at the library, I will upload link when their website has the info)
The project will be called Bringing History Alive Artfully and I'll be helping people create a piece of art that celebrates an ancestor, or a meaningful place or local event from their history.
This is my sample and the intro information (click on the photo to see it larger)
Create an A4 piece of collaged art honouring an ancestor or special place or event in local history.
Your finished piece will be able to be hung by ribbon, mounted on canvas or a book cover, or perhaps framed.
We will spend 2 hours exploring new ways to celebrate local history artfully by using paper collage techniques and sharing a variety of ideas for mixed media embellishments and composition.
I'll also be sharing different ideas for printing images on your inkjet printer at home onto different papers
Hopefully get enough interest to run with this in November...
It went ahead :-) Blog post about that HERE.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...