Friday, June 26, 2015

Week 25 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life Project is HERE. We're almost half way through the year! I have been enjoying it all but this week was a bit stuck for creative inspiration.
I sort of felt like I'd done this one last week with my NZ Don't leave home til you've seen the country. Upon closer consideration I realised it was more about my town, so I duly gathered some possible photos, but it wasn't until Wednesday that I made some progress. That's the day the coffee truck comes to work, and this week he had especially lovely cups.
You need to take inspiration where you find it....while my spread bears no resemblance to this, it got me started with the idea of painting a simple landscape for my background
One of the nice things about living in Palmerston North is that it's easy to get around (only takes 10-15 minutes in the car from my door to most of my daily destinations of school, work, gym, sports practices). It's also only 30 minutes or up to 2 hours to get to my favourite places for inspirational relaxation or a weekend get-away so thought I would pop down some arrows to handy destinations
I love our view of the windmills and the photo fit in well here so I decided to add some of the others. 
Time to add some painty layers with stencils and stamps
and some grungy pencil
In the photos above are the private school I work at as school librarian, the city library which gets at least weekly visits from me, and my happiest at home loves - my boys and the door to my studio.
Then the page felt like it needed some touches with crayon - they are water soluble, but I just blended them with my finger
After that I left the page for a day, but wasn't moved to add anything else, so here it is called done
...not my favourite page, but given the busy and cold week it's been, I'm happy that I didn't take it easy and just make 2 daily journal spots on next week's challenge ;-) Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I love how something as simple as a coffee cup can provide the inspirational push to get us moving creatively. Wonderful spread Lynette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...