Wednesday, December 3, 2014

More postcards and cards

When I did the bases for my Postcard swap, I made my 10 to send, and then had some remaining bases to finish.
There were 2 more people I wanted to have postcards, so I finished them with the stitching and same postcard back as the others from the swap
Then I decided to turn my other bases into cards. Some I left postcard size and cut the card base that it was stitched upon to 5" x 7" (the postcards were cut to 4.5" x 6.5")
Others I trimmed down to fit smaller cards
Some of these still need the addition of found words or other embellishment before they are gifted...The lovely indian stencilled cards ended up quite different from each other. One was sliced in half to produce 2 new small cards
and the other ended up in my stitched paper daily journal
And now I have quite a stash of cards for birthdays in the next couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynnette! I've returned to blogging, and with that comes the reconnecting. And you're the first on my list! I'm loving these postcards and, in particular, the Indian print ones. Very, very impressive. Hope you are well? We are al settled in Oamaru now and I have my studio almost "just so". I've decided to get back into documenting my art journey, and blogging has always been the most satisfying :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...