Friday, September 12, 2014

Quilt Show this weekend

This weekend it's our quilt club exhibition that we hold every 2 years.
There's more information of what's on show HERE. It's always inspiring to see so many quilts together, and there's shopping opportunities too! Worth a look if you're in Palmerston North this weekend. I don't have anything that I am showing this year. I had hoped to get my "Simply Delicious" quilt completed, but unfortunately I'm not there yet.
Simply Delicious Quilt top ready to layer and quilt
In April I shared my quilting progress. At that stage I had finished quilting the backgrounds, and was moving onto fruit and leaves. It's still very much a work in progress! I've sporadically quilted a few more leaves and thought I would share some of the designs I've used
They are free-motion quilted - nothing marked ahead of time 
I like to see what the leaf shape suggests to me...I am not following any kind of pattern for the quilting designs
And it is really cool to see the difference between a leaf unquilted
and with the addition of stitch
I now have a new aim of completion by the end of 2014...I've rearranged the studio and hope this will help support my quilting. Before :
After :
Better room and support for quilting. Less room for mixed media messes! Hopefully this will help guide me to where I need to be spending more of my time for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...