Sunday, October 20, 2013

Calendar journaling

As suspected, this week's spread had to begin with some of the flowers I created in the 21 Secrets class with Ro Bruhn last week.
I thought I might like some extra doodles to edge the days and came up with these quite quickly
Here's how the pages evolved.
I finished the writing on this one, but then thought the page needed a bit more decoration.
Can you see how the extra black pen doodles complete the page compared to the previous stage?
After I'd done the writing for Friday (above) I found a bit more time in my day and glued down one of the border doodles. It didn't line up properly with my green writing, so I had to add doodles to make it look like it was meant to be like that and added the Saturday heading as well. I like how the doodles echo what I did on the other page in the spread. This is how I left it Friday night.
Completed by Sunday afternoon.
See my other calendar journaling pages in my Flickr set. This is already the 5th spread. Hope you'll come back to see what the next one will look like.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea to use them like this...wait till Ro sees how beautiful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers and borders Lynette. Since I stopped the September Doode-a-day I seem to have done little although I have made some collage papers as samples for a group of students I'm working with. I think today is the day I start some one week journal spreads! Incorporating 21Secrets is a great idea too as I am not making the most of it . . . not that it's stopped me from getting in early on 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...