Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fabric Fun

I've been missing fabric and stitch, so was thrilled to have a couple of ideas from Creative Jumpstarts that work on fabric.
The first comes from Christine Delgadillo who showed how to make a transfer to fabric and clay using an acrylic sealer. Here's her blogpost with pictures of projects she made from the demonstrated jumpstart. I decided to have a go on fabric with Crystal Kote Fixative....my photocopies were quite old, but still worked fine!


Then thought about adding some colour. I used inktense pencils. 
I've been watching all the stencil and spray inspiration with great enthusiasm, and when I saw this post by Jane LaFazio it reminded me I could try the techniques on fabric too.
I used starburst sprays - Golden Rose of Texas and Delphinium Turquoise. 

And here's a new piece on pelmet vilene that  I've done with sprays and stencils. It will probably become a book cover.
The leaves were stencilled using pebeo setacolor paint, overlaid with the gold glitter finish, and I liked that so much I added the glittery heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...