Friday, February 24, 2012

Workshop Thursday : Groovy Grid Lines

Lesson 8 of Letter Love has been fun...like every other lesson on the course :-)
This time it's another kind of handmade grid - creating your own lines out of different media to write over
My first was lines pulled across the page with Copic markers - different colours and different width markers
Then written over (again with copics) to  mix up colours and try out lettering styles
My second was with my lovely caran d'ache neocolor crayons and new water brushes.
Have to say that although I hesitated about buying these for some time, thinking I could do just as well with a brush and container of water, these earn their keep in their portability for making art whenever you may be away from home. Also a fabulous idea for kids cos they don't tip the water container over! Love having the 3 brush sizes too - good value pack.
This is the page with just the watercolour lines :
The colours made me think of summer, and since we are nearing the end of our NZ summer, I decided to capture some of the things I love about this wonderful season. Used a red zig pen, a purple copic, and one of my fav sakura glaze pens.
I highly recommend this course...you can start any time and can work at your own pace - there is a lesson posted to a class blog every day in February. Given  that I have only just finished Lesson 8 you have lots of time to join in...and I figure I am just extending the pleasure....you never want a good book end do you?!
I do have some other projects in progress which I hope to share in a few days.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone

5 comments:

  1. Wow Annette...your lettering is fantastic! These are great pages.

    I thought your sympathy cards were lovely BTW. You got them just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pages look terrific Lynette and the course sounds really interesting - especially the way you can have access forever.

    Just as an aside, did you get your markers and brushes in Palmerston North?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - got the water brushes and Copics in Palmerston North at Ochre Art Supplies in Square edge. Not the entire range of colours in store, but he will order things. Think you can get sets of the caran d'ache there too - and individual colours. I bought the small set of 10 to start and am gradually adding individual crayons along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages came out great! I am looking forward to getting this assignment underway...what a great background effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...