Monday, October 10, 2011

School holidays

Spring school holidays here in NZ - 2 weeks off with hopefully some sunshine for the kids to run around in and me to get my garden straight. Watched the All Blacks last night in the World Cup quarter final - awesome game. Piri's boot was magic, and so proud to see our local boy Aaron Cruden on the park.
For today though, I'm feeling a bit lousy with a head cold, so will post my 2 latest cards (brings you up to date with today) and share a bit of blog love to start your week.
These cards both started with the wee paris images (thanks Philippa) and thinking I might like to do some fabricy collages...not quite there yet, but happy with these wee compositions :
Card 9
Card 10
Card 10 is my wish for these holidays ;-)
I've had a bit of a play with shrink plastic before, but Cynthia Shaffer has a whole new take on shrink plastic rings. On my list to try "one day"....
Discovered contemporary embroiderer Karen Ruane today - check our her inspiring book of embroidery which is really a sketch/inspiration book, and her embroidered paper.
Inspired again by Debra Cooper's latest journal.
And check out Caatje's Butterfly book of questions - she is so generous - you could win it in her blog giveaway (but I hope I do)
Have a creative week...

2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous cards! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages. Love the fist one, the swirl behind the Eiffel tower.

    Get well soon.

    Hugs

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...