Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Vinyl and Another Workshop

Finally the collage and paint on vinyl experiment from Mixed Media Melange is finished. It isn't an artwork to frame, but rather a piece to try out some different ideas, and now it can be cut up and used to create lovely things (will share when I get round to those things!)And this is becoming the year of the Workshop!! I have just joined the Holey Moley Club created by Dale Rollerson of The Thread Studio in Australia. These blogposts from Dale in January 2011 and then linking back to May 2010 made me do it! Am very excited - it is a whole year of fun and experimentation with mixed media and stitch, and of course I will share my creations as I go along.
In other news this week, don't forget the Palmerston North City Library booksale this weekend - details of hours and location here. A fabulous place to find books for your kids, cheap novels for your holidays, and of course lots of wonderful material for book alteration/mixed media fodder and plenty of Non-Fiction inspiration for all sorts of projects.
Since I have been thinking about stitchy things, I thought you might like a look at these blogs - they are new to me and have some lovely ideas :
Deborah's journal - lovely stitching with sheers
Stitchtress Stumbles - Debbie Bates' blog.
Talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...