Saturday, September 11, 2010

This Week's Inspiration

Another busy week - Craig & Jacob (husband and 10-yr-old) have gone to Taupo for a rugby weekend representing Kia Toa Club under-10s. We have everything crossed for them. They have trained and fund-raised really hard so deserve to come home with some success.
I am almost completely through my training at the library. It is great to be reunited with the staff, the members of the public, and the skills that seem to be coming back to my finger-tips.
Got some lovely mail from Martha Brown this week - gorgeous tag and handmade card. I have made some wonderful friends through blogging :-)A couple of good reads this week. "The Glass Castle" is a novel written with sensitivity about a childhood of poverty. I really enjoyed it despite the sad subject matter - some of the actions of her parents are just maddening, but the writer didn't give up on her parents as early as I did!
I so enjoyed Kelly Corrigan's book "The Middle Place" that I was excited to read "Lift" - a memoir for her children. It is a short book, and once again, well-written. Not as wonderful as her first, but if you are a mother, there is lots in here that will speak to you (and the cover is just wonderful - have I mentioned I love butterflies?!)
Onto some blog love for the week :
Priscilla Jones was a new discovery for me this week - she produces simply beautiful contemporary mixed media stitched pieces. Click here for her flickr photostream.
Very cool art on a board from Martha Lever this week.
Temptation in the form of a new dvd by Angie Hughes about her beautiful techniques with velvet - YouTube preview available Source for this DVD http://shop.colouricious.com/dvd-s/-inspired-dvd-s with lots of other temptations there....and their blog looks to have lots of inspiration too. Hope you have an inspiration-filled weekend. Talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...