Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hearts and Butterflies

I have been meaning to make some cards for a while now. My favourite things to use in my art work are hearts, butterflies, swirls, music, and texts. This week I had 2 birthdays and a graduation to celebrate, so I sat down one afternoon and created these. The above 2 are the birthday cards, and below are the graduation card on the left, and my 'spare' on the right.I am so pleased with the way these turned out that I am going to create a series of blanks like my 'spare' in a variety of colours and variations on the design, and add the words later as occasions arise. I love using found text - I bought a couple of old large print books (romances I think so good 'feelings' words) at the last library book sale, and now have a great stash of meaningful words which I can apply. You can create poetry or phrases with them. These are the insides of the current cards. I will share more as I create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...